This week we continue to work through Module 2 Principles of Sustainability. We had some Moodle troubles with the Public Science Milestone 1 submission portal last week, and now we have (nearly) all student submissions! Please email your instructors your Milestone 1 assignment if you have not been able to share it yet.
We want to clarify a common misconception about our frequent use of case study assignments in our course. Case studies are a type of assignment that engages us with real-world examples to think critically about a new concept. Ethical Reasoning Case Studies are a Semester-Long Project where you will complete 8 of 10 scenarios by the semester’s end. Since this course has 8 Modules, you will aim to complete 1 Ethical Reasoning Case Study by the end of each Module. In contrast, the Electronic Graveyard case study was part of Module 1’s Instructional Materials. Both are case studies, but the Electronic Graveyard assignment was not an Ethical Reasoning Case Study. To help keep you on track, you should have 2 Ethical Reasoning Case Studies completed (one from Module 1, and a second from Module 2) by the end of the week.
This week 1/31-2/4
- Come to our synchronous Zoom session on Thursday 2/3
- Complete all Module 2 Instructional Materials, Learning Activities and Assessments, and Semester-Long Project goals listed on Moodle for Module 2.
- Complete all 3 readings with Hypothes.is annotations from Book 2
- Submit Scaffolded Notes 2
- Complete Power Notes Book
- Quiz 2
- Forum 2
- Reflection 2
- 1 Ethical reasoning case study on a topic of your choosing
- Reach out to both instructors by email with any health or personal concerns that will prevent you from reaching our Module 2 expectations. We are here to support you!
Looking forward to continuing our stimulating Module learning about Principles of Sustainability!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: email@example.com