We begin Module 7 this week, returning to a 1-week module schedule. All Module assignments are due this week on Friday, 11/17 by 5 PM.
In Module 7 we will learn about Experimental Design and apply it to our Team Project Design Challenge! In order to design experiments that produce useful data, we need to carefully consider the experimental design. In this module we will discuss different elements of experimental design, create a hypothesis that is testable and based on the evidence you have found, and design an experiment that you could test with existing bioinformatics resources.
- Attend our In-person Lab on 11/14 at 10:15 AM
- Complete Book 7 with the accompanying Scaffolded Notes 7 by Thursday at 10 AM.
- Attend our Zoom Active Learning session on 11/16 to discuss Experimental Design.
- Complete Quiz 7 and Forum 7 that will be due 11/17 by 5 PM.
- Review your personal feedback from your instructors to improve on your assignments.
- Revise both your course projects after learning from new perspectives!
- You have received your peer review for your Team Project Design Challenge!
- You have analyzed previous BIT 295 students’ Public Science Projects and gained new ideas on how you can enhance your own projects!
We look forward to analyzing our sequence data via ONP/KBase and 16S Sanger sequencing and to pursue more experimentation to learn about your bacterial species!
Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hayden Huggins | email: email@example.com