Happy Monday everyone!
We are excited to start a new module this week where we will revisit the Central Dogma of Molecular Biology! We will identify key features of bacterial genes and genomes to begin exploring the potential of using microbes to recycle electronic waste.
Microbe Image By Adrien Coquet, FR
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- MO 4.1. Explain the Central Dogma in your own words. (CO 2)
- MO 4.2. Identify key features of genes and genomes. (CO 2)
- MO 4.3. Define microbes and microbial genomes. (CO 2)
- MO 4.4. Explain how biotechnology can be used to harness microbial genetic potential. (CO 3)
In addition to completing our repetitive Module assignments (Book 4, Scaffolded Notes 4, Quiz 4, Forum 4, and Reflection 4) here are your project milestones that you should complete during this 2-week module:
- Complete Task 2 of your Team Project Design Challenge by 2/25 at 5:00 PM. Task 2 is: Prepare an outline and diagram of the approach.
- Public Science Project Milestone 3 is due on 3/3 by 5:00 pm!
- Complete 1 Ethical Reasoning Case Study by 3/4 at 5:00 pm – By the end of this module, you should have completed 4 case studies.
We encourage you to make use of our scheduled lecture time to work on your Team Project Design Challenge. Your instructors are available for students hour appointments to support your hard work and enthusiasm in this class! As always, you can also email us any questions that you may have- we love questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: firstname.lastname@example.org