Happy First Day Of Classes (FDOC)!
Welcome to the first week of BIT 295! Our first meeting will be on Zoom Thursday, August 25th from 10:15 to 11:30 AM ET (this week only we will not meet on Tuesday). We are so excited to meet you, please help us learn more about you by completing this Getting To Know You survey by Tuesday 8/23 by 5PM.
This week you will complete Module 0 Start Here! which is designed to help you become familiar with the course expectations and your classmates, as well as give you an opportunity to practice using Moodle, the Learning Management System (LMS) we will use for our course.
As you familiarize yourself with our course Moodle site you will complete the tasks listed under each Module with a repeating pattern:
- The Instructional Materials in each module as your asynchronous lecture content. Instructional Materials must be completed before the first Thursday Zoom session during each Module.
- The Learning Activities & Assessments within each module are due on the last Friday of each Module by 5 pm.
- The Semester-Long Projects will display specific deadlines for your Public Science Project and your Team Project Design Challenge that occur within the timeframe of each Module.
This week you will need to:
- Complete the Instructional Materials by Thursday 8/25 by 10:15 AM.
- Complete the Learning Activities & Assessments by Friday 8/26 by 5 PM.
- Familiarize yourself with the Semester-Long Projects by reading the instructional guidelines.
We are looking forward to meeting you on Zoom on Thursday! If you have any questions about the class, please email us- we love questions! You may also request a student help chat with us by email request. In the meanwhile, we hope you enjoy learning about Biotechnology & Sustainability in Module 0 Start Here!
Your BIT Instructional Team
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: email@example.com