Hello and Happy Labor Day!We hope you are safely enjoying this three-day weekend. This week we begin Module 2 Principles of Sustainability. This will be our first two-week long module that will have similar but adapted submission expectations to our one-week long modules:
This week 9/6-9/9
- Read the Lab Safety and Personal Protective Equipment and Pipetting & Plate Streaking sections of the Lab Protocols before attending Tuesday’s lab session.
- Attend our first in-person Lab on 9/6 at 10:15 AM in 6114 Jordan Hall. Come early!
- Complete Power Notes Book
- Complete nearly all of Book 2 with its accompanying Scaffolded Notes before Thursday.
- Submit Scaffolded Notes 2 before 9/8 10:15 AM.
- There are 3 readings to complete using PowerNotes, and you do not have to complete them all in the first week. Chip away at them consistently over Module 2.
- Come to our synchronous Zoom session on 9/8 to discuss the Electronic Graveyard case study and to learn about literature review & citation management from an expert Guest Speaker: NC State Science Librarian Kristy Borda, B.S., MLIS.
- Public Science Project Milestone 1 is due 9/8 by 5pm.
- Task 1 of your Team Project Design Challenge is due 9/9 by 5 PM.
- Work on other Learning Activities and Assessments that will be due 9/16 by 5pm. We do not recommend leaving them all for the second week: work on them as it fits in your schedule.
Next week 9/12-9/16
- Attend our Zoom Lab session on 9/13 at 10:15 AM.
- Come to our Active Learning Zoom session on 9/15
- Complete all Module 2 Learning Activities and Assessments before 9/16 5 PM.
- Complete all 3 readings from Book 2 with PowerNotes.
- Forum 2
- Quiz 2
- Reflection 2
- 1 Ethical reasoning case study on a topic of your choosing
Looking forward to a fun Module learning about Principles of Sustainability! Reach out to both instructors with any health or personal concerns that will prevent you from reaching our Module 2 expectations. You can also use our Grace Period Request Form if you need additional time to meet Module 2 expectations! We are here to support you!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: firstname.lastname@example.org