This week we will embark on Module 1 Electronic Waste Disposal and Sustainability.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- MO 1.1. Define sustainability, electronic waste, and biotechnology in your own words after watching a video about the challenges of the sustainable use and recycling of electronics. (CO 2)
- MO 1.2. List three social, environmental, and economic factors affecting the global sustainable disposal of electronics. (CO 1)
- MO 1.3. Reflect on knowledge of this challenging problem after reading and evaluating texts collaboratively. (CO 5 & 6)
This module was designed to give you an overview of how sustainable disposal of electronic waste is a global challenge. Several factors affect our ability to successfully reuse or sustainably dispose of electronic waste. In this module, we will explore the social, environmental, and economic factors. You will learn how to annotate documents using PowerNotes? and share your thoughts with our learning community.
Module 1 is a one-week-long module. Your to-do list for this week is:
- Join us Tuesday, January 17 at 10:15 am using our Zoom link for a lab safety demonstration, an introduction to your lab teams, and work collaboratively towards completing Team Project Design Challenge Task 1 (due 2/3).
- Complete the assignments listed under Instructional Materials before 10 am Thursday, January 19th.
- Join us Thursday, September 1 from 10:15-11:30 am (ET) using our same Zoom link.
- Complete the assignments listed under Learning Activities & Assignments by Friday January 20th at 5 pm (ET).
Please reach out by email if you have any questions- we LOVE questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: firstname.lastname@example.org