Happy Friday, BIT 295 Scholars,
Welcome to Module 3 on the Scientific Method!
What is the Scientific Method? Together we will explore the steps and cycles of scientific inquiry! We will read and analyze an article to think critically about the process of science and its complexities. This unit is a great time to practice time management. Be sure to look over all assignments listed on Moodle for Module 3 and design a time management plan that works for you and your schedule to complete all assignments in the next two weeks. Consider using our template to-do list to help you design a workflow that fits your schedule.
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- MO 3.1. List the steps and interconnections in the scientific method. (CO 6)
- MO 3.2. Compare and contrast the depictions of the scientific method. (CO 6)
- MO 3.3. Create a simplified hypothesis and an experiment to test it. (CO 6)
This coming week 9/18-9/22
- There will be no laboratory session this coming week, due to the university wellness day. Relax and enjoy your time off, your assignments will still be there on Wednesday.
- Complete Book 3 with its accompanying Scaffolded Notes before our synchronous Zoom session on Thursday 9/21
- Milestone 2 of your Public Science Project is due 9/22 by 5 PM.
- Work on other Module 3 assignment due the following week (see below). We do not recommend leaving them all for the second week: work on them as it fits in your schedule.
The following week 9/25-9/29
- Attend our in-person Lab session on 9/26 at 10:15 AM.
- Come to our synchronous Zoom session on 9/28 at 10:15 AM.
- Task 2 of your Team Project Design Challenge is due 9/29 by 5 PM.
- Complete all Module 3 Learning Activities and Assessments before 9/29 5 PM.
- Forum 3
- Quiz 3
- How We Argue Lessons 4-5
- 1 Ethical reasoning case study on a topic of your choosing
We are excited about the connections we are making and will make in the coming weeks! As always, please email us any questions that you may have- we love questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hayden Huggins | email: email@example.com
Pricilla Rozario | email: firstname.lastname@example.org