Hello, BIT 295 scholars and happy Friday!
We return to our second week in Module 3 on the Scientific Method. Here is the Module 3 to-do list. Hopefully, you already began working on many of these assignments last week as we have 3 project assignments to complete this week as well!
Module 3 on the Scientific Method:
- Please join us back in lab in Jordan Hall on Tuesday, September 26th to extract DNA from your microbes
- Read and watch Book 3
- Complete Scaffolded Notes 3
- Read this article, including reading and annotating it using PowerNotes to complete Quiz 3.
- Submit your entry to Forum 3,
- Be sure to read what others have shared and leave at least ONE comment on another person’s work.
- Write your Reflection 3 and take 5 minutes to proofread it before submitting your assignment.
- Are there any typos or grammatical errors?
- Did I explain concepts I learned (Instead of, “I learned about a new perspective about the scientific method,” try to explain, “A new perspective that I learned about the scientific method is that [then give a detailed explanation like you would to a friend not taking this class])
- How do you use TSM in everyday life?
Semester-Long Project Goals:
- Complete Task 2 of your Team Project Design Challenge by 9/29 5 PM (as well as Task 1 if you did not complete it already).
- Public Science Project Milestone 2 is due on 9/22 (today) by 5 pm!
- Complete Module 3 Ethical Reasoning Case Study by 9/29 at 5 pm – Independently work on a Case Study topic of your choosing! See the semester-long Module Ethical Reasoning Case Studies and Discussions for resources and the submission portal!
We appreciate your hard work and enthusiasm in this class! As always, please email us any questions that you may have- we love questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Hayden Huggins | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pricilla Rozario | email: email@example.com