Hello and happy Friday, BIT 295 students!
This week, we begin a new 2-week module: Module 5: Reading Critically as a Community of Scholars. This is a two-week module.
We believe that reading critically and analyzing arguments are critical skills that will help you continue finding relevant resources and doing research. We know you will gain valuable skills and use them to strengthen your projects.
Week 1 (10/16-10/20):
- Read the Lab Protocol for Nanopore DNA Sequencing before the morning of 10/17.
- Attend our in-person Lab on 10/17 at 10:15 AM in Jordan Hall 6114.
- Complete Book 5 with its accompanying Scaffolded Notes before Thursday.
- Submit Scaffolded Notes 5 before 10/19 10:15 AM.
- Come to our Zoom Active Learning session on 10/19 to discuss the Reading Critically as Community of Scholars.
- Work on other Learning Activities and Assessments that will be due 10/27 by 5pm. We do not recommend leaving them all for the second week: work on them as it fits in your schedule.
- Review your personal feedback from your instructors to improve on your assignments.
Week 2 (10/23-10/28):
- Come to our in-person lab on 10/24 and the Active Learning Zoom session on 10/26.
- Complete all Module 5 Learning Activities and Assessments before 10/27 5 PM.
- Forum 5 with comments on other’s post
- Quiz 5
- How We Argue Lessons 8
- How We Evaluate Lesson 0
- Reflection 5
- 1 Ethical reasoning case study on a topic of your choosing
- Be sure to read what others have shared and leave at least ONE comment.
- Complete Team Project Design Challenge Task 4 by Friday, October 27th at 5 PM.
Thank you for being such an engaged and committed community!
As always, you can also email us any questions that you may have- we love questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Hayden Huggins | email: email@example.com