This week we begin a new 2-week module: Module 5: Reading Critically as a Community of Scholars. Week 1 is this week (before Spring Break) and Week 2 is in two weeks (the week after Spring Break). So it is a two-week module that will take place over 3 calendar weeks.
We believe that reading critically and analyzing arguments are critical skills that will help you continue finding relevant resources and doing research. This is why we have devoted two full weeks to this module and partnered with Professor Gary Comstock. We know you will gain valuable skills and use them to strengthen your projects.
- Complete Book 5 and Scaffolded Notes 5 by Thursday, March 10th.
- You will take a Harvard University Course called “How to Argue.” You will complete Lessons 1-6 before our synchronous session Thursday, March 10th.
- We will complete Lessons 7 & 8 together in class on Thursday, March 10th.
- You will take an NCSU Course called “How to Evaluate.” You will complete Lessons 1-4 before our synchronous session Thursday, March 24th.
- We will complete Lesson 4 together in class on Thursday, March 24th.
- Complete Quiz 5, Forum 5, and Reflection 5 by Friday, March 25th.
- Complete Task 3 of your Team Project Design Challenge by 3/11 at 5 PM.
- Task 3 is: Revise approach in the preliminary draft:
- Include your microbial species and add in new references.
- Complete Task 4 of your Team Project Design Challenge by 3/25 at 5 PM. Task 4 is: Peer review of proposals.
- Complete 1 Ethical Reasoning Case Study by 3/25 at 5 PM. Independently work on a Case Study topic of your choosing! See the semester-long Module Ethical Reasoning Case Studies and Discussions for resources and the submission portal!
Thank you for being such an engaged and committed community!
As always, you can also email us any questions that you may have- we love questions!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: firstname.lastname@example.org