We begin Module 7 this week, returning to a 1-week module schedule. There is no in-person lab (we will meet on Zoom), and all Module assignments are due this week on Friday, 4/14 by 5 PM.
In Module 7, we will learn about Experimental Design and apply it to our Team Project Design Challenge! In order to design experiments that produce useful data, we need to carefully consider the experimental design. In this module, we will discuss different elements of experimental design, create a hypothesis that is testable and based on the evidence you have found, and design an experiment that you could test with existing bioinformatics resources.
- Attend our Zoom Lab on 4/11 at 10:15 AM
- Complete Book 7 with the accompanying Scaffolded Notes 7 by Thursday at 10 AM.
- Attend our Zoom Active Learning session on 4/13 to discuss Experimental Design.
- Complete Quiz 7 and Forum 7 that will be due 4/14 by 5 PM.
- Review your personal feedback from your instructors to improve on your assignments.
- Revise both your course projects after learning from new perspectives!
- You have received your peer review for your Team Project Design Challenge!
- You have analyzed previous BIT 295 students’ Public Science Projects and gained new ideas on how you can enhance your own projects!
- You will be receiving your Public Science Project expert review this week!
We look forward to analyzing our sequence data and to pursue more experimentation to learn about your bacterial species!
Take good care!
Your BIT Instructional Team,
Dr. Carlos Goller | email: email@example.com
Dr. Carly Sjogren | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Emory New | email: email@example.com